if there was a ship, lord gatiss sailed it
Related - although not nearly as scary as some collections, I will admit that there were so many London / Sherlock books in my office that my fan fiction ‘research material’ now has a shelf all to itself. It will grow at some point. Being unemployed had reduced my book shopping budget quite a bit, but I’ve got $25 from Barnes and Noble burning a hole in my pocket…
I was supposed to go to work today.
Don’t get me wrong, I do love me a good snow storm, but NOT ON MY FIRST DAY OF WORK.
(Dude, the internet needs a better way to portray anger.)
I work for a state university (on paper, I guess… I don’t know how this all works.) and it’s closed today because of the weather. Rumour has it the world will be shut down again tomorrow.
SO I MAY NOT GET TO START WORK AT ALL THIS WEEK
S’OK though… I have a DVR’d copy of “The Empty Hearse” I can watch! That’ll keep me busy for about an hour and a half. I have three iTunes movie rentals, too. So It’s not like I have stuff I can do. (And I suppose I should shovel…)
But I really wanted to go to work today.
Plus, in the shower, I got the idea on how to start / tweak that idea I had for the Johnlock fan fic. I started working on that while I was fucking around with the DVR… and it seems to be coming along OK so far.
yep. mofftiss trolls tumblr
I will be watching it again. Several times. Probably starting tomorrow night.
I don’t even know where to start…
1) Anderson ships Sherlolly - and OMG. THAT FUCKING KISS. Loo is one lucky girl.
2) Mrs. Hudson ships Johnlock like a fucking beast. Not that that’s news or anything. (Although, really Mofftiss - was John’s outburst COMPLETELY necessary? You gave us Sheriarty and Sherlolly. Couldn’t we just have one little Johnlock moment? Oh wait…)
3) Fan club girl ships Sheriarty, and damn if that scene on the rooftop wasn’t brilliant. Do you think that Benedict turned Andrew Scott gay? (Benedict!Sexual is now a thing…)
4) We all got the squash ball right!
5) And the fact that Sherlock’s landing was hidden from John via the small building in the foreground (Ambulance station).
6) Fucking Mofftiss gave us three possible solutions to The Fall. No idea which was the real one…
7) Benedict’s parents. BENEDICT’S. PARENTS.
8) Mycroft and Sherlock playing Operation. And that line about the goldfish… (Mystrade, anyone?)
9) “I don’t shave for Sherlock Holmes.” Yes, you do. Don’t lie, Jawn.
10) HAROLD’S GONE. Buh-bye mournstache.
11) The off switch.
12) John’s reaction was perfect. Not like in ACD canon…
13) He kept hearing John’s voice in his head and John attacked a patient that he thought was Sherlock. (Shout out to ACD canon right there.)
14) “And in that moment, I swear we were all Anderson” Yes. Yes, we were.
15) John’s blog. I fucking died when I read the comments. (We are not talking about the mustache.)
16) John Watson flips the bird. To the camera. (How much do you want to be that gets edited out in the American broadcast?)
17) The “Lazarus” code word - Gatiss wrote the episode. Gatiss was in Who as… yep.
18) Sherlock’s french accent… all he needed was a fucking egg whisk and the entire CabinLock fandom would have died.
19) In a weird twisted way, the entire episode was a shout out to Johnlock. No. Seriously. Despite John’s fucking outburst, there’s no doubt that there’s a very deep, very loving relationship between the men. It’s just platonic.
20) I FUCKING LOVE AMANDA AS MARY. I do. I really do.
I am absolutely dying over here.
OK. I need to go watch it again. Right. Now.
I think we’ve all come to the conclusion by now that I not clean in word nor deed.
I also can’t solicit for my sister. Not only is it not nice, but I don’t have one. *sigh*
Sherlock starts in 14 minutes. FOURTEEN.
I have a live stream running, I’ve got an active connection to a slingbox (which is acting stupid at the moment), and an account on Filmon TV all live and set to go. (Filmon also has a DVR option…)
I can’t remember the last time I was this prepared for anything. Not even an exam.